Saturday, February 20, 2010

Where i've been

Boy it has been a long week. Auden has been sick for what seems like forever. Like sick sick. Boogers everywhere. In the eyes, in the ears, in the nose... everywhere. And when he's sick he's grumpy. It's like I woke up one morning and instead of my sweet happy baby there to greet me I found a grumpy little toad of a boy. Since when does he yell at me when I tell him no? And where did he learn to hold his breath until he is blue in the face when he doesn't get whatever he wants? My days have been filled with runny noses and temper tantrums. He's not sleeping and he's not eating. Which means I'm not sleeping and I'm eating way too much. What?? I'm a stress eater...

I have been patiently counting down the hours of the day, waiting for my help meet to walk through the door. It's like Nathan comes home and brings with him my salvation. I have the other half of my team to join with me in wiping noses and singing versus of Old MacDonald (for some reason the only song my sick baby wishes to hear lately?). So of course my husband had to work late just about every day this week. Isn't that the way these things go?

Tomorrow is Sunday. A day of rest. And a much needed one at that. So I'm going to take my day of rest and use it exactly as it was meant. Because Monday is right around the corner, and then we start all over again. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment