Friday, March 19, 2010

Bulldog Canyon

Last night we went to Bulldog Canyon with some of our favorite people for a campfire and a weenie roast. It was a beautiful night, perfect for family time in the desert. Highlights included:

The potato gun. Dad Speakman used this baby to send potatoes soaring through the desert. He also brought baseball gloves, so we could play 3 flies up. So.Much.Fun.
Jaron and Aileen's 4-Runner. An off-roading machine! The kids loved going 4-wheeling with Jaron behind the wheel (It helps that he, apparently, has no fear).
Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire. My husband made me one of the best s'mores I've ever had. Made my night.
After everyone had eaten the kids had an Easter egg hunt. Dad Speakman set up his telescope so we could all enjoy the views of our beautiful desert skies. And then we gathered around the campfire as a family and listened to Mom Speakman play her guitar and sing to us. Dad Speakman played along with her on his saw. Yes, I said his saw. Have you ever seen somebody play the saw? I hadn't, until a few years ago when Dad Speakman pulled it out during family night. It is one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

Hope you had a wonderful night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment