Sunday, June 17, 2012

Meet Henry

I really can't believe it has been more than a year since I've posted anything here. The time has flown, and once again there have been so many wonderful changes around here. When I was looking back at my last couple of posts earlier this afternoon, I laughed. I think it's sort of funny that the last time I was here, I was introducing you all to our new baby, Margaret. And now, just over a year later, I am once again introducing you to our newest addition. Meet Henry.



Henry Nathan Speakman was born on March 15th, 2012. He weighed 9 pounds 4 ounces, and measured 21 inches long. He is perfect, and from the moment I saw him I was in love.

Henry's story is an amusing one. About two weeks after we moved into our new house (yes, we moved this year, more on that another day) I found out I was pregnant. I would say I was suprised, but that would be an understatement. Of course I was happy to be having another baby, but the timing seemed to be all wrong (because we already had two very young children, remember?). As the months passed and I became more and more pregnant, I became more and more concerned about how I would handle being a mother of three-under-three. The thought of having a third Baby Speakman in our home started to overwhelm. I was tired just thinking about it.

Henry was delivered via a scheduled c-section at 7:15 in the morning, and as soon as I saw him, I knew all the previous months of worry had been for nothing. There was nothing to worry about, everything was going to be fine. We needed Henry to be here, a part of our family, now. So what if we have three kids ages three and under? It may not be right for everyone, but it is right for us.

Henry joining our family has brought such a feeling of completion. I can't explain it, but it's like now that he is here, our little family is perfectly balanced. Even though he has only been here a few months, I feel like we've known him before, like he has been with us all along. We are so happy and so blessed to have each one of our babies. And although it's a challenge to be raising three babies all at the same time, I have to say that I am doing a pretty good job figuring it out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment